Courchevel Méribel 2023 is committed to an eco-responsible approach.
As soon as the bid was submitted, the Organizing Committee signed the charter of 15 eco-responsible commitments drawn up by the Ministry of Sports and WWF.
Today, environmental and societal issues are at the heart of the project. They guide the choices that will enable us to respect our commitments by offering an event whose values go far beyond sport.
Our commitment to this CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) approach aims to act responsibly and to convey meaningful messages:
- – To be exemplary and innovative by proposing alternative solutions to solve our problems,
- – To be a showcase of good practices,
- – To show the awareness and actions of mountain actors in the face of climate change,
- – To light the spark for a positive change for the territory and its stakeholders,
- – To be a gas pedal of change in favor of the ecological and societal transition,
- – To transform the ephemeral into a lasting legacy.
Initiating positive change
FOR THE TERRITORY
Reducing our environmental impact
TO PRESERVE OUR PLAYGROUND
Leaving a legacy
TANGIBLE AND INTANGIBLE
LIMIT OUR ENVIRONMENTAL IMPACT
- Limiting our environmental impact means implementing an innovative sustainable transportation plan, reducing our GHG (greenhouse gas) emissions, offering responsible and sustainable food by highlighting local producers, and contributing to the preservation of nature and biodiversity.
PROMOTE THE CIRCULAR ECONOMY
- Promoting the circular economy means conducting a responsible purchasing policy and recovering our waste.
OFFER AN EVENT THAT IS INCLUSIVE AND ACCESSIBLE TO ALL
- Offering an event that is inclusive and accessible to all means offering a unique experience for everyone, young and old, skiers and non-skiers alike, helping to change the way people look at disability, promoting integration and solidarity within the teams and service providers so that everyone can take part and experience a festive, popular and memorable event.
- Creating value means training teams, service providers and partners, developing skills and mobilizing local players so that they can benefit from the event’s spin-offs
- Raise awareness of sustainable development issues among all stakeholders before, during and after the event